Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothians congress/Dalguise
Thanks for eveyone's input. We had a massivelly exciting and supported day today which we enjoyed every minute of. Paul and I have got some interesting and possibly controversial ideas for Scottish chess junior future direction regarding venues, events and team support and selection. Please be clear, all avenues are being explored. Mike, as you know, I am not adverse to trying different events and venues. This is very much in Paul and I's mind. Paul and I don't want to set a rigid tournament agenda. We are looking at all avenues, venues and dates at home and abroad. I don't think it's a secret I am a big fan of the Czech Open for older juniors or the Benidorm International for younger juniors. We have a brilliant group of 16-ish juniors that we feel can tackle international events that cross over into serious adult territory. Are they good enough?- yes. Will we support them?- Yes yes yes. I have stated previously that our long term plan was to build a supported system based on our younger players. I believe this is is the correct route to follow but you can be guaranteed I will be there always to support our oldest selected players.

Robin.

Messages In This Thread