Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liverpool Quadrangular
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Please be aware though that The Nightingale Lodge is under new management & was the venue we used in 2008-2010 at very good rates & although again basic it did have better facilities than 2011 hostel & had a very functional kitchen & a very nice atmosphere to boot. We were able to keep the costs down due to doing self catering & getting a good deal at the Nightingale.

Certainly an option that should be looked at, alongside other suggestions already made.

Jacqui Thomas Wrote:My concern on both the Glorney & Liverpool events this year is the fact that the players did not all pay the same amount to attend & this is maybe something that David can look at for the future as there should not be any variances/different prices as that makes it discriminatory.

I'd have to check on the Glorney. As for Liverpool, I calculated the costs having been given the relevant information. The only difference in price paid was due to the accommodation and I attempted to price this as fairly as possible and did so by room and not per person. So if one adult and their child travelled and stayed in one room they paid the same for the room as two adults and one child sharing a room.

Given the accommodation used I'm not sure how else I could have done this without penalising those travelling with more than one adult or one child who would effectively be paying part of somebody elses room.

I stand by the costs for Liverpool and believe that I used the fairest method for all, so have to disagree with there not being any price differences, on this or any other similar occassion.

Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Costs need to be a prime concern as these events need to be available to all that achieve the honour of being invited to attend. The last thing that should happen is making attendance an exclusive thing for those that can afford it .

I agree cost should be one of the prime concerns and did what I could to ensure that Liverpool was not an "exclusive event".

Jacqui Thomas Wrote:& yes any sponsorship would be ideal but a lot of us have been saying that for a long time & I cant see it happening with funds needed elsewhere for the sensory boards & Commonwealth events.

Saying and doing are different things. So I'm not going to say much, other than I don't share this pessimistic view.

Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Maybe the junior budget needs to reviewed as to how it is spent.

I alluded to this before and believe this is a strategy decision for the IJD and the CS board, giving due consideration to the views of the membership.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread