Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Selection Issue
I post off a reply to this, George, but it did not seem to have been properly attached to the carrier pigeon.
Naturally, you can't expect me to agree with your observations or is it insinuations about my mental state Big Grin . The best I can do is assure you that I was simply seeking answers to some disturbing allegations passed to me by the originator of them. At that point the selectors had not responded so I felt I ought to post my concerns on the noticeboard. Things have moved on since then and I understand that some sort of self-appointed body is now set up to investigate these rather damaging allegations. Presumably, Robin will have to speak to that body on his return from Slovenia. If you feel that old age should be respected, then perhaps the offering of an even-handed opinion given by an 'old gent' might also be respected? If you seriously believe I've been mischief-making then so be it. I would , however, ask you to withdraw your request for the removal of my posting. One of the central reasons why I dislike using the noticeboard is the tendency for responders to launch personal atacks on the opinion-holder rather than dealing with the opinion itself. Should the Moderator heed your suggestion, then I would regard that as being a prejudicial and undemocratic action on his part. BTW, there's no great mystery about my 'moniker' , Chris Laidlaw. In times past, it was my legal name and I use it for editorial reasons. Writers use pseudonyms and nobody presumes to query their right to do that. Best regards Chris

Messages In This Thread