Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct support for The Scotland Junior International Squad
[quote="andyburnett"]Thanks gentlemen, I knew I was missing something obvious Sad Although, without wishing to sidetrack the issue isn't it the organising nation(s) who have to cover these costs (included in their bids) who then recoup the money by charging exorbitant extra fees here, there and everywhere?!
/quote]

Yes Andy you are right. This is why the non funded places are not value for money. Even the funded places still have to pay registration, transfer & admin fees so the 'free' places are not exactly free either.

Andy H touched on maybe one of the things that should be discussed. Adults only attend one event so are funded for that event. Juniors attend many more events to give more opportunities. Would it be better not to attend so many so the budget doesnt have to be spread so thinly? I personally think more opportunities are better but that might not be the concensus. The reason it gets spread thinly is a head of delelgation & at least one coach is sent with the squad (apart from Mureck)- any of their costs need to be met as they are already giving up their time.

I know juniors that play hockey for Scotland & their costs are high too. Its not just chess.

Messages In This Thread