Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct support for The Scotland Junior International Squad
Thanks gentlemen, I knew I was missing something obvious Sad Although, without wishing to sidetrack the issue isn't it the organising nation(s) who have to cover these costs (included in their bids) who then recoup the money by charging exorbitant extra fees here, there and everywhere?!

Anyway, funding of some sort is a necessity. Lobbying is worth a try, but another (Baldric-esque perhaps, but worth a try) idea is raising money through public events (as some other groups have to do) but make sure that the press coverage is well aware of what our government ISN'T doing to help at every event, and shame them into making a commitment of sorts? I realise shame might be a peculiar notion to many of our politicians, but the media love having a dig at these guys =)

Alternatively,or additionally, I (and many others I would imagine) would have no problem paying a £1 'junior international levy' at each congress/tournament I play in if I knew it was being used for our national junior teams, allowing for them to compete on a more even footing with other nations.

Corporate sponsorship, even in this climate, is an option also (provided we aren't asking for too much!) e.g. Stagecoach sponsors Scotland's junior travels, The Woollen Mill sponsors team shirts etc. you get the idea.

Try to find out if the anonymous benefactor of the Scottish might be interested in helping out in some way.

Just a few ideas which I'm sure have been thought of and discussed over and over already, but traditional lobbying for funding at this time is, sadly, a bit of a long shot in my opinion.
Shame them publicly (but in an innocent sort of way!), and see who pops up with a bagful of cash for us Big Grin

Messages In This Thread