Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney 2012
Donald Wilson Wrote:I don't think we should read too much into what appears on the Glorney web site: it is normal practice for the draw to be made in the presence of the team managers the evening before rounds 1 & 2; and it is also the practice for the top two sides from the prevous year to meet in round 6 in each competition. So if England and Ireland are to meet in round 6 of the Glorney, it is unlikely that they will meet in round 1 - round 3 is more likely.

In the Faber, it's Scotland and England who should meet in round 6 - so in that tournament (alone) there's a 50/50 chance of meeting Wales in round 1; but meeting Ireland is equally likely.

I suppose it's possible that the rules have been changed (or ignored) without consultation with Scotland, but it's more likely that the web page has simply been set up with a dummy pairing which will be changed when the real draw has been made.

Correct Donald. The web site is like that is so I have enough of a template to make life easier for me when I am down there.

Regarding the live games. Hopefully the equipment from the ECF Counties Championship final, held a couple of weeks ago, be there waiting for me. I hope to show all the Glorney matches. Hopefully starting on round 1 if I can get enough set up time on Tuesday.

See you soon.

David

Messages In This Thread