Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Invites to Tournaments
Keith - Thanks for the update on Dundee I never realised there was a mailing list but I will provide an email address and you can add me on. I just like to get an email reminder of tournaments but I can also appreciate that many don't appreciate getting emailed with every tournament.

Andrew - The mailing list idea was what I was getting at and for me it could be quite a powerful tool and could have a marketing use also.

Although I would prefer an opt-in rather than an opt-out as you suggest. My slight niggle is that I am fairly certain I did not give my email address to Lothians or Edinburgh before I was emailed initially with an entry form and invitation. I will need to check though as I am probably wrong.

Derek - I appreciate the DPA restrictions and agree that the email would need to be prepared by the tournament organiser and then sent from CS. Although, I think that having one central mailing list would make more sense than the current situation of several mailing lists for each individual congress.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread