Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL)
thanks for the support Andy and Jim , I now have a clearer idea of what can be done. What I dont know however is the following

a. time controls I havent a scooby here. Some people want 10 + 5 , others 20 + 5. I phoned John MacNicol for his advice and he suggested 45 + 5 . At the moment 10 + 5 is in the lead but not many people have answered this.

b. Do we play this at the weekend or during an evening, particularly if the time control is 10 + 5

c. entry fee I am thinking of £10-20 per team for a six or seven round event which goes straight to Chess Scotland.

d. Teams, do we allow teams from down south or elsewhere

What i do know will probably happen

a. The games will be played on chess.com as it has a club match facility unlike LiChess , making the admin and structure much easier, including collation of match PGN's

b. Rules will be set up (relying on my cs directors for help on this) with CS's anti cheating policies in place.

C. I will be Tournament Director and organiser. Maybe a small arbiter's committee will be set up to deal with disputes and issues. Arbiters will not be required to watch the games

d. Each team captain will have his or her part to play.

e. No Zoom, No Skype , no cameras , unless both parties specifically agree. As demonstrated recently unless you use two cameras front and back it wont work anyway

Comments please on all points. I have a zoom meeting with Tafca League on Monday and I would like a clear idea by then. I can also offer a Zoom meeting to demonstrate how I think it will work for any interested parties who would like to know more

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL) - by Ianbrownlee - 17-10-2020, 10:02 AM