Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestwick 2012 Junior Saturday
I am hoping that we will have plenty of entries for this new to the calendar junior event, which will justify its organisation for next year.

Numbers permitting the event will be split into three sections - those graded under 1000, those under 600 and players graded below 300 including ungraded players.

There will be trophies for the winners and medals for those who perform well.

The Junior Saturday is very much a part of the whole weekend congress. Those who will be running the Junior part of the event have loads of experience in junior chess and all believe that the most important thing is the kids enjoy themselves. The format will be arranged so that kids of similar experience play in the same section and there will be adults experienced in Primary and Secondary school chess on hand to help out and make sure everyone has fun.

Quite a few of the parents, whose kids are playing in the weekend events will also be around and there is a real family atmosphere at the event. Everyone is welcome to have a look at the serious stuff going on in the main event hall, where there's the chance to see a top chess Grand Master in action.

I would advise silence or at least quiet in the main hall though, unless you want to see Donald and Andy put on their stern faces.

Children taking part may want to bring a packed lunch with them. There are no restrictions on bringing food into the event and the kids can have their packed lunch in the Junior area or in the reception lounge of the Aviator Suite, where most of the weekend players, parents and families relax.

Whilst it is all about fun, I would ask that children and parents are sensible about behaviour during the event. This applies equally to those playing in the weekend events and certainly some of those more than others.

I don't want to give the little ones nightmares but the airport police do carry guns! =o
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread