Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting chess clocks to count moves
Actually as far as our club goes we've found it's a bit of a false economy going for the cheaper variants of clocks (e.g. DGT 2010 vs 3000) as while the cheaper variants work well in limited conditions it often turns out that whenever you want to go out with those conditions it turns out to be awkward and requires manually programming settings.

Another issue I've noticed is that a lot of players tend to be a bit technophobic so they struggle to change time controls or do so badly. A classic is when time control adds 20 hours instead of 20 minutes. I heard of one game that took place when I was away when they used analogue clocks cause no one knew how to set up digital ones.

Our final solution was to actually get a different set of clocks for every league and have them each set to appropriate configuration by default and then all that a player needs to do is turn it on and it's set. Only slight hiccup we had was when I first set up DGT3000's and thought I had to use Time+Delay for time settings when it turned out I actually had to use Fischer(with 0sec increment)+Time where I was only able to fix it with this helpful revew (http://www.chessarbitersassociation.co.u...iews1.html) but now it works great

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting chess clocks to count moves - by KMcGeoch - 16-02-2018, 11:37 PM