Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Director
It's always good to see more than one person showing a willingness to help CS work and make progress.

I would like to point out one thing, however, which readers may have missed on a different thread.

Quote:On the position of Olympiad captain, this will be chosen by a panel of five which will include former & current players and captains.
Andy Muir

As I have already answered Andy Muir's question regarding my captaincy in Baku on the other thread, I will re-iterate it here: there were no offers for the role - and no takers when I asked individuals if they could/would do the job.

Therefore, after discussions with the teams, I decided to fund my own way to Baku (including paying my own FIDE trainers fee) in order that we might have someone there to take on most of the 'non-chessplaying duties'-as well as to help out the women's team with preparation where required.

Unfortunately I can only stay there for the first 9 days, but hopefully this will help the teams to focus on their chess rather than 'paperwork'.

I only mention this to make matters clear. If anyone ever has any questions about my decisions as ID, I am only too happy to explain them, and as always am open to constructive criticism - both privately and publicly!

Messages In This Thread