Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Lothian Junior Chess Event
For those criticising Mike, please stop Big Grin Until recently it would not have mattered an Iota as there were not many junior playing in SNCL. We now have Lenzie, 3 teams from the Lothians, Dundee, Bon Accord (they are almost all Juniors) who all field juniors or are significantly made of juniors.

This is fantastic to see as it brings the juniors to long time controls and pinching grading points from Adults (which is always a good thing). I have seen some of the players who have been playing SNCL taking part in Weekend congresses with good results.

The reason I asked Mike if we can avoid a clash in future is as well as us being a team down now (which we have filled), that is 15-20 players that would normally play in his event who will be in SNCL.

I don't think NEJCA clashing in March will be an issue as there are not as many juniors from there playing.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread