Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Lothian Junior Chess Event
Mike Scott Wrote:Sorry but our event was certainly booked and I believe announced before that so those blaming LJC for clash should perhaps think again?

When I posted the earlier comment I could not find the posting date of the LJC event so let me clear some thing up. It's not about whose fixture was posted first, second or even last - it should all be about exposing as many players as possible, young and old, to competitive chess outside of the club environment. There is room for all (unfortunately) and I would far rather see an abundance of events for all rather than too few.

I am not blaming anyone for date clashes, I simply don't understand why this subject is coming to the fore now when dates are posted so far in advance.

David G Congalton Wrote:The organisers of junior tournaments throughout Scotland deserve praise and encouragement not sanctions and scoldings. I think that what LJC have got rolling is fantastic

I wholeheartedly agree with David's comment and would also like to say WELL DONE.

This coming weekend at the SNCL there is a new team stepping in to fill a void and as a result there should be no default fixtures and, by the way also bringing another 2 or 3 juniors into team chess.

Messages In This Thread