Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British junior Championships
Thanks Smile
Not their best performance, though Rachel did have a particularly challenging draw - certainly in comparison to the Welsh #1 girl. On the bright side, though, it's better practice for her Smile
Sarah got an early (3rd round...first in tourney) bye which was a bit infuriating having travelled so far, but she did get (and win) a graded friendly at least.

Certainly it would be good to see more Scots flags on the scoreboards, I'm sure our juniors (and others) could give a very respectable showing and even pick up the odd title - both girls certainly have that goal in their sights for the not too distant.

Speaking of location, and given we have now gone to the far flung corners of Wales, middle-England and apparently (next year) will be about as south as one can go ....can anyone tell me if this "British" ever finds it's way to Scotland?! Seriously, are we on the schedule anywhere, anytime - or have we been "recently" ?!
As I've oft mentioned, I'm fairly new back to chess but still can't remember a Scottish venue for this - which seems a tad weird.

:ymdevil:

Messages In This Thread