Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Teams
In case you missed it here are some words from Jonathan Grant - who is currently at the Olympiad and reporting on the Ladies team. Although not specifically stated (by Jonathan below) it seems that the new rules will apply to adult events too - from July 1st to coincide with introductory date for 2014 revision of the the laws of chess (which FIDE do every 4 years)

I checked my e-mails on return as Grivas indicated he would send the results from the first Training Seminar which had finished earlier in the day. Three of us, two strong Icelandic players and myself, were awarded the FIDE Trainer Title whilst others would get the FI, NI or DI titles. Designed for a spread of abilities the seminars contained thought provoking material even for GM Jon Arnason the strongest of the attendees. Definitely worth doing especially as FIDE becomes stricter about only licensed trainers being allowed free accommodation and access to the playing hall at its events. Although the new regulations were announced over 3 years ago many of the nations’ trainers seem oblivious of the impact of the 1 July regulations. One for the IJD to be thinking about in advance of the World Youth et al.
JonathanIMGrant
Wilhelm Steinitz

Messages In This Thread