Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup - Tromso 2013
Calum MacQueen Wrote:Some of the chess on show has been superb. Shimanov-Kamsky was fantastic but the winner might be the whole match Tomashevski-Morozevich.

Tomashevski winning as black in the 2nd classical game to take it to tiebreaks and finishes it in spectacular fashion, declining a mate in one as the draw would do Smile.

Still fancy Big Vlad to win it despite not showing his best form but looking forward to a few more tiebreaks.

Watched this live and was without doubt the most engaging piece of live chess I have ever watched. When Moro lost patience and grabbed the a-pawn it was quite remarkable. Generally live coverage has been taken to a new level here. Only problem is my family are now completely convinced I have lost it watching live chess all day on internet Sad

I agree on Kramnik. Still the class act in town. What he calls mistakes are simply undetectable to me. Arguably played best chess in candidates as well and in fact would have won under many tie break rules. btw - Definition of "tie break" (for the Scottish Chess Championship regulars) = "when you decide who was the winner rather than wimp out divvying up the prize fund amongst the top boards who all took a quick draw in final round" ;P

But hang on...wait a minute...what am I doing...talking chess on CS forum.... (best stop quick) Errm...Peter Walsh for President! Lets abolish the constitution!....more money for the juniors!...more chess for girls! (any better?)

Messages In This Thread