Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New constitution
Andy you’re still not reading the posts before replying to them. What I was referring to was that Dick was Hamish’s instant choice for the CWP at the 2013 AGM before the floor complained and Dick then correctly stood down.

Why is a polite query ‘picking faults’? Why is it a stampede?

I will answer your question about not emailing. Questions of fact or propriety are best raised publicly as the other attendees or members might also want to know. As long as they are polite, of course.
Although CS management picked the minute taker, I’ve been careful not to have a go – though I don’t need to be that careful, because I’ve only asking legitimate questions and responding to unfounded aspersions cast in response.

“So I made a mistake over my recollection of the meeting. Sue me. I am human and the meeting took place possibly at the worst possible time for me. With Alex being unwell, and having to do the live boards myself on top of all the other duties needed for the Scottish, I can be forgiven for not remembering everything in the exact clarity that seems to be demanded here.”

I’m sorry to hear Alex has been unwell. But Andy, where has exact clarity of recollection been demanded? Where have you been blamed for your mistake?

In the omission to count the proxies the issue was not blame – it was just that it was being flatly denied (and since you raise courtesy, it is not courteous to speculate on questioner's motives when they are just asking a question). Indeed Dick told Derek his motion was ruled incompetent while the minutes said it had been unanimously voted against. Meanwhile the CWP poster said the minutes weren't wrong but the proxies hadn't been ignored. You couldn't make this up - no wonder Derek didn’t accept this!

Andy, I’d just like you to know that I have enormous respect and gratitude for the work that people like you and Alex put in to run tournaments etc. on our behalf. I’ve long had a theory that there are two or more Andy Howies – it’s almost the only rational explanation for your prolific efforts!

This discussion is about the running and outcomes of the meeting however.
If you are looking for a reason why exchanges become testy, you need look no further than the attitude of CS management towards legitimate questions.

In general, the attitude from CS management has been to not answer any questions or answer them wrongly, posture and round on the people asking the questions (you're still doing it here!).

Now if you don’t believe me, get a large coffee and a packet of biscuits and take your mobile device down to the beach and read the thread since the meeting, and tell me where I am wrong.

All the best
Walter

Messages In This Thread