Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proxy Votes
Mike Scott Wrote:Ban proxy votes but enable computer based voting via the internet??

This would be especially good if the AGM can be broadcast live, so that one could listen to the debate before casting a vote.

For those who tend to fixate on only one part of things I suggest Big Grin may I stress that I would only ban proxy votes if there is an alternative that enables non-attendees to contribute.

Hi Mike, that would only be a replacement for a proxy whereby someone could connect to the internet and cast their vote whilst watching the AGM live. If you cannot get to a computer or are out of the country unable to attend/watch the AGM you should still be able to cast a vote. I like your idea but as I was informed previously when trying to have all members contacted by email some members do not have email addresses and those same people probably wouldn't know how to watch the AGM live and cast an online vote. So there would be a risk (however small) of disenfranchising some of the membership.

I am not a huge fan of proxy votes either but within the principle of one member one vote if you cannot attend the AGM there should still be a means for you to cast your vote. Proxys aren't great but I know of no tangible alternative that would still allow members to vote if they cannot attend the AGM.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread