Browse the Site
02/07/22 - 10/07/22 (9 day event)
10/07/22 (1 day event)
15/07/22 - 17/07/22 (3 day event)
31/07/22 (1 day event)
05/08/22 - 07/08/22 (3 day event)
18/07/22 - 21/07/22 (4 day event)
11/09/22 (1 day event)
SCT Dundee Allegro
Sunday 10th July (1 day event)
Time Controls: Allegro | Rounds: 5 | Website
Dundee Allegro - July 2022
A Scottish Chess Tour Event
Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel - Sunday 10 July 2022
|Entry Fee||£18 - (None CS Mem.: £20)**||£18 - (None CS Mem.: £20)**|
** Chess Scotland membership discount £2 - all main sections.
Only applicable if you have a PIN and have paid for the current year.
Junior discount £2. Junior is under 18 on the 1st January 2004. i.e. born in 2004 or later
The venue address is:- Invercarse Hotel, 371 Perth Road, Dundee, Tayside, DD2 1PG
All moves in 20 minutes, with 10 second increments from move 1.
In determining which section to enter, players should use their live Chess Scotland Allegro grading.
As this is the first over the board chess competition some players will have participated in since the start of Covid, there may be some anomalies. We will use gradings/ratings as we deem appropriate.
FIDE Identification Number (FIN)
The results of the FIDE-rated sections of this event will be submitted to FIDE, the world chess federation. Players in these sections need to be registered with FIDE to allow the results to be submitted.
Information about FIDE registration is available here.
*Which must be Licenced. Former FIDE Arena players who have not registered with their national federations may fall into this category. If this is the case, it is generally resolved quite quickly by your national federation. Please enquire if you are unsure of the registration rules before deciding to enter by contacting us using our contact form.
COVID Safety Arrangements
- If there are government restrictions at the time of the event, they will apply at the Rapidplay
- Players must not attend if they have Covid symptoms and a full refund will be given
- Players must not attend if they have tested positive for COVID in the last 7 days, or are required to self-isolate
Conditions of Entry
The organisers reserve the right to:
- Increase or decrease prize money
- Transfer entrants between events
- Split or merge events depending on numbers
- Withhold prizes from ungraded players if they play in events below their known strength
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry without assigning a reason
- Take any other measures deemed necessary to ensure the smooth running of the congress
- Spectators, and players who have finished their game, are not allowed in the playing hall and may be asked to leave the playing hall.
Players withdrawing prior to the day of the congress may do so with a refund, less a £5 administration fee.
Photographs taken at the event may be used for publicity purposes. Any objection should be notified to the event organiser prior to the event.