Browse the Site
31/01/21 - 31/03/21 (60 day event)
05/02/21 - 07/02/21 (3 day event)
05/03/21 - 07/03/21 (3 day event)
02/04/21 - 04/04/21 (3 day event)
20/02/21 (1 day event)
14/03/21 (1 day event)
27/03/21 (1 day event)
11/04/21 (1 day event)
Page 1 of 42
27th January 2021
Update Jan 27: Entries are now closed for the inaugural SNOCL tournament. We have 30 teams, making five divisions of six teams. Team Captains and club organisers will be notified within the next day or so regarding the next stages. Fixtures will be published shortly. There is also a planned meeting on the Zoom platform on Thursday at 7.00 pm. Interested parties should contact Ian Brownlee (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register an interest
“The Scottish Online Chess League (SNOCL) , under the auspices of the Scottish Online Chess Organisation (SOCO) will start on Sunday 31st January 2021. The event is for teams of five players.
It is envisaged that five rounds will take place, two rounds per day although this may change according to number of entries. The first round is expected to start at 11.00am and the second round at 2.00 pm.
Entries and any enquires to be sent to email@example.com. Tel. no 07899 832770 . Teams Captains will be expected to compile teams sheets including usernames and actual names.
Entries to be received no later than Sunday 24th January
- Chief Arbiter will be John McNicoll, who is responsible for all decisions regarding game play
- Tournament Director Will be Ian Brownlee who is responsible for all admin.
- Time controls 25 minutes plus 10 second increments
- Team captains will compile their teams and send list of players and usernames to Ian Brownlee
- Games will be played on chess.com
- Games will be subject to fair play screening and Chess Scotland policy. However games will only be graded by the online game provider and will NOT be submitted for grading by CS.
- Players will be required to have a valid online chess account for chess.com
- Game disconnection will count as a loss, unless a substantial appeal can be made to the Chief Arbiter who will attempt to resolve any issues, which may include the formation of an appeals committee.
- The tournament will be organised by the Scottish Online Chess Organisation (SOCO).
- There will be nominal prizes such as trophies (and kudos)
- SOCO will provide a website where it will be possible to pick teams, view results etc. Team captains will have access to this site for admin and will be able to view the opponents team before the match commences (at the time of writing one hour before match commences but this may change
- SOCO reserves the right to make any changes to these rules, before and during the tournament. The chief arbiter also has the right to make operational changes
- Entry team per team is £15. Clubs who are also members of Chess Scotland can enjoy a £5 discount per team. Similarly are leagues who submit teams and are themselves members of Chess Scotland can also receive a £5 discount. This is a substantial incentive to regional chess league as we are planning to start an inter-regional chess league if there is enough interest.
- Finally we are hoping to have a junior section to the SNOCL if there is enough interest. Juniors would be able to play in both sections if desired
20th January 2021
14th January 2021
3rd January 2021
1st January 2021
31st December 2020
30th December 2020
29th December 2020
23rd December 2020
18th December 2020
13th December 2020
9th December 2020
4th December 2020
3rd December 2020
26th November 2020
23rd November 2020
22nd November 2020
15th November 2020
4th November 2020
4th November 2020