Browse the Site
24/05/19 - 26/05/19 (3 day event)
08/06/19 - 09/06/19 (2 day event)
09/06/19 (1 day event)
15/06/19 - 16/06/19 (2 day event)
06/07/19 - 14/07/19 (9 day event)
25/05/19 (1 day event)
02/06/19 (1 day event)
21/07/19 - 24/07/19 (4 day event)
20/07/20 - 23/07/20 (4 day event)
Chess Scotland policy on Child Protection
Storage and Disposal of Documents – January 2004
POLICY ON THE STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF DOCUMENTS
In accordance with the Scottish Executive Code of Practice, for registered persons and other recipients of Disclosure Information, Chess Scotland will ensure the following practice.
- Disclosures will only be requested when necessary and relevant to a particular post and the information provided on a disclosure certificate will only be used for recruitment purposes.
- Chess Scotland will ensure that an individual’s consent is given before seeking a disclosure, and will seek their consent before using disclosure information for any purpose other than recruitment.
- Disclosure information will only be shared with those authorised to see it in the course of their duties.
- Where additional disclosure information is provided to Chess Scotland and not to the disclosure applicant, Chess Scotland will not disclose this information to the applicant, but will inform them of the fact that additional information has been provided, should this information affect the recruitment decision.
- Disclosure information will be stored in a locked non-portable container, for a maximum of 6 months. Only those authorised to see this information in the course of their duties will have access to this container.
- Disclosure information will be destroyed by shredding.
- No image or photocopy of the disclosure information will be made, however the following details will be retained:-
- Date of issue of disclosure
- Name of subject
- Disclosure type
- Position for which disclosure was requested
- Unique reference number of disclosure
- Recruitment decision taken.
- Chess Scotland will ensure that all staff with access to disclosure information are aware of this policy and have received relevant training and support.
- Chess Scotland undertake to make a copy of this policy available to any applicant for a post with the Chess Scotland that requires a disclosure.