Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streetfighting Chess monthly online magazine!
Just to let everyone know that the 1st issue of SFC Monthly is now available for FREE!

Play through online, download as a pdf and download as a pgn file for your databases.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.streetfightingchess.com/?p=4">http://www.streetfightingchess.com/?p=4</a><!-- m -->

Please feel free to share this link freely and widely (1st issue only please!) and I would appreciate any feedback, ideas and constructive criticism you might have.

Kind regards,
Andy Burnett
well done Andy
Cheers Pat Smile

Despite the under-whelming interest shown so far (on this forum at least) if anyone would like to have their games analysed ('trashed' according to Keith Rose, jokingly I would add) and published please send them to me!

I'm looking for games from players in the brackets 1000-1500/ 1500-1800 and 1800-2100

Thanks in advance,
Andy Burnett

<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedtreetfightingchess@hotmail.co.uk">streetfightingchess@hotmail.co.uk</a><!-- e -->
Andy,
i've had a look at some of the games - keep up the good work!

cheers,

Paul
Thanks Paul, Much appreciated Smile

If anyone has any problems viewing the mag please let me know. It looks fine on my monitor (23"), and also seems OK on my daughter's tablet (9") but unsure of other screens?!
Looks good Andy, hope it goes well for you! If you manage to keep up that volume of games per issue it will be seriously impressive.

My only comment would be the pink text is very difficult to read on my laptop, although I am colourblind so it might be just me!
Adam Bremner Wrote:Looks good Andy, hope it goes well for you! If you manage to keep up that volume of games per issue it will be seriously impressive.

My only comment would be the pink text is very difficult to read on my laptop, although I am colourblind so it might be just me!

Cheers Adam, will do my best Smile

If there IS pink text, it is entirely to do with the fact that I am also colour-blind! Big Grin
Haven't had time to digest the games yet, but the layout is good, simple and user friendly really. I like how many games can be squeezed into small spaces, with the moves and comments. There is definetly a gap in the market for something like this (in Scottish Chess at least anyway). Thanks for putting it in the public domain, appreciated.
andyburnett Wrote:
Adam Bremner Wrote:Looks good Andy, hope it goes well for you! If you manage to keep up that volume of games per issue it will be seriously impressive.

Cheers Adam, will do my best Smile

If there IS pink text, it is entirely to do with the fact that I am also colour-blind! Big Grin

Oops!
The pink text is the questions in the interview with Fiona. Smile Like the concept, think there is a market for analysis of actual people's games, studying the likes of Capablanca and Carlsen is all very useful too but the mistakes my opponents (tend to) make are somewhat different from the mistakes Radjabov and Lasker make/made!
looks like a good magazine, hope you keep it up!

oddly I am also colour-blind, I wonder if that is a common thing for chess players lol?