Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U16 Olympiad
They are running scared of Andrew
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Well, maybe, but their board one has been having an awful tournament, while their board two's been doing quite well.
We really ought to be able to beat this bunch pretty comfortably anyway, looks reasonable so far. Hopefully Shivan can do something with those dark squares eventually.
re Sam
Not been so annoyed for a while!
What are the rules with regards the notation used and its legibility when scoring a game. I mean for example would it have sufficed for Sam to have written down the wrong moves or even the right moves illegibly? Big Grin

If in that circumstances the other player still objected could you object on the grounds that the complaining players own score of the game is incomplete/illegible? Given the number of errors most people (Kai excepted) make there must always be a good appeal that the rat has made an error.
I wonder if Ali was considering R x n on her 16th move there. She has chosen to move the bishop back to e7 instead but that capture looked very tempting.
We don't know the full facts Mike, If the story is as above then It is not good arbiting
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
And if I know Andrew, he will be trying to make this as aggressive and complicated as possible to run his opponent's clock down !
Yes, 16...Rxe5 looks winning! 17.Qxe5 Bxf2+ 18.Kf1 (or 18.Kh1) Qc6 and white looks bust
Yes, if she was considering it and turned it down, she may be regretting it, although she is ok but a great game now. Never seen Ali so far up on the clock before. If she was a snooker player she would not be the hurricane or the whirlwind, she would be known as Ali "mild breeze" Roy.
I don't think she's going to be regretting it much now - this looks just winning for Black doesn't it? Bxf6 and Be4 looks like the only try, but then Qc5+ seems to deal with everything. Could be missing something...
Yup she is winning now. I really like Andrew's position too.