Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Position
I was playing a game earlier today and this position came up with black to play (bottom left square is a1). On initial glance it looked like it should be a draw. But it's actually a win by force for black. 8)

[pos]8/6Kp/7P/3k4/8/5n2/8/8 b - - 0 59[/pos]
Really? Sad I can't see it!

But I have just noticed Colin McNab is logged in to the forum Wink
This might sound odd given my grade but I can!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
The following is in white text so it does not spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to read it

-----
Key move is ..Ke6 as Kxh7 leads to a mate in 5. If the King moves to g8 then Ng5 Kg7 Ke7 and it is all over----
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:The following is in white text so it does not spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to read it

-----

----

I would love to read it but the lemon juice is ruining my screen! Wink
I am trying to work out how to hide is so not to ruin it for others
Fixed it Big Grin
Andy Howie Wrote:The following is in white text so it does not spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to read it

-----
Key move is ..Ke6 as Kxh7 leads to a mate in 5. If the King moves to g5 then Ng5 Kg7 Ke7 and it is all over----

Declaring mate in n moves when Andy Burnett couldn't see it!!

You'd better hold your shoes up to the screen Andy.

Just kidding - that FIDE rule doesn't come in until mid 2014 =)
That is just if white is nice to you. If not and goes down the hard line, then I have no idea how many moves mate will take 20 or 30 I would imagine...
Just moved some real pieces round a real board.

Are you reading this GC ? =o

Looks like mate in 7 in longest line - have I missed something?