Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laws of Chess
That could easily happen to me. All it takes is me to forget my meds...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I just noticed something else

In rapidplay

"An illegal move is completed once the player has pressed his clock. If the arbiter
observes this he shall declare the game lost by the player, provided the opponent
has not made his next move. If the arbiter does not intervene, the opponent is
entitled to claim a win, provided the opponent has not made his next move.
However, the game is drawn if the position is such that the opponent cannot
checkmate the player’s king by any possible series of legal moves. If the opponent
does not claim and the arbiter does not intervene, the illegal move shall stand and
the game shall continue. Once the opponent has made his next move, an illegal
move cannot be corrected unless this is agreed by the players without intervention
of the arbiter"

And

If the arbiter observes both kings are in check, or a pawn on the rank furthest from
its starting position, he shall wait until the next move is completed. Then, if the
illegal position is still on the board, he shall declare the game drawn.

That is going to be interesting in Rapidplay leagues and tournaments. One illegal move loses!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy,
I am replying from Dresden.
It is clear from discussions I have had that deaf players will be allowed to use their hearing aids and I will be allowed to continue use a Dictaphone to record the moves.