Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL 27th Oct 2013
Quote:Also, for information, the invitation letter dated 16 September made clear this eventuality in the event 40 teams entered: "If we get 40 teams then a fifth division will be created and will consist of the newest teams plus lowest teams from Division 4"
David -

AFAIK this letter must only have gone out to club secretaries or clubs already playing in the SNCL. I cannot find it anywhere on the SNCL site(s), plus the invitation there is for last year with wrong dates! Certainly, as captain of a new entry, non-club specific team, this is the first I've heard of it.

Also, there is nothing in
Quote:"If we get 40 teams then a fifth division will be created and will consist of the newest teams plus lowest teams from Division 4"
to imply or suggest that it would only be one up, thus the reasonable inference has to be that it would be two up, two down between the new divs 4 and 5. I have no problem with that.
IMarks Wrote:AFAIK this letter must only have gone out to club secretaries or clubs already playing in the SNCL. I cannot find it anywhere on the SNCL site(s), plus the invitation there is for last year with wrong dates! Certainly, as captain of a new entry, non-club specific team, this is the first I've heard of it.

Ian, never realised you were captain of a new entry. Then this matter concerns you more than me... :U
I got the invitation letter off the CS calendar: http://www.chessscotland.com/membership/...013-14.pdf never thought to check the SNCL website.

Quote:to imply or suggest that it would only be one up, thus the reasonable inference has to be that it would be two up, two down between the new divs 4 and 5. I have no problem with that.

I agree. 5 Divisions with normal promotion and relegation (ie 2 up & 2 down) would be my preference. It also gives teams more to play for... a 16 team Division 4 would mean a large number of teams would have nothing to play for when they could be vying for the Division 5 title and promotion to Division 4.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Quote:I got the invitation letter off the CS calendar
David -

Thanks! I just went (or tried to go!) via the website. Sad
David -- thankyou for your quote about letter, I did not have it at hand when I originally wrote my ideas on board. Glad to see I had already thought of putting that in which means that the new teams would have known there was a possibility they would be in a new division this year and were still prepared to enter. This would probably mean that the statis quo would remain -- ie two up, two down for the five divisions.

Ian thanks for all your thoughts on this topic. It's very important that everyone puts in their input so that everyone can be aware and hopefully happy with the result. You keep right on keeping us on our toes!!
Which website did you go to ANdy's or mine?
I thought I had given you copies of the three files -letter,entry form and rules. If it was the wrong date then I must have given you the older version in error for which I apologise (I update files as necessary each year and definitely had the right date for this year's)

Andy as you have to administer the leagues, the final decision is always with you, not me. Sorry if I have caused problems where there were none!!!!

I'm still looking for certain clubs to send their entries so situation may not even arise!!

GG
Glynis -

Tried the existing/official website (last updated 12th November 2012!) and the weebly one where the invitation and entry dates pertain to 2012. So I just sent you our entry and hoped for the best!
That will be my fault for not putting the redirection in place oops!

That site has been killed off and there is a new one

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://snclchess.co.uk">http://snclchess.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

I thought I had put a redirection from the old site to it but it looks like it did not work....
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Stonehaven won't be entering again this year.
Thankyou David, Sorry to hear that. Hopefully all is well with Stonehaven folks and we will see you return to SNCL at some point in the future.

GG
Oban has phoned me and entered. That makes 35 teams confirmed.

I am still waiting to hear from Musselburgh and Glenrothes. Can someone from these teams contact myself or Andy?

GG
Glenrothes confirmed. Anyone else>> Last chance!!!!

GG