Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Election Results
Pat,
I did not send out any email soliciting votes for me nor did any of my campaign team. One thing I don't know how to. If this was done as you say, it was done without my approval or knowledge..
I would also remind you Pat that when the election result was announced, I immediately congratulated Hamish on his victory, but I also thanked Chess Scotland for making me a free man!! Big Grin. Not the actions of someone with sour grapes
Jim,
I had forgotten about 2009, but there are sections of CS that have not. Did you think I was going to sit there and just take the crap that was thrown at me and accept it?
Mike S: I will always defend myself.
StevieHilton Wrote:Pat,
I did not send out any email soliciting votes for me nor did any of my campaign team. One thing I don't know how to. If this was done as you say, it was done without my approval or knowledge..
I would also remind you Pat that when the election result was announced, I immediately congratulated Hamish on his victory, but I also thanked Chess Scotland for making me a free man!! Big Grin. Not the actions of someone with sour grapes

then someone owes you an apology as they did not state that the email was sent without your consent. were you aware of the email?
Pat,
I was not aware of this email. I have not seen it.
Mike (Scott), Steve is as entitled to express a view on the AGM as anyone else, unless you are saying you only want to hear people express happiness, but I don’t think that’s one of the forum rules yet =). If people then choose to discuss that view with him, that is their right too. This is a forum after all – you say take it elsewhere but this is the least precipitate option.
StevieHilton Wrote:Pat,
There were no concerted efforts made by my team, which I remind you was myself and Ian Brownlee, to obtain proxy votes, but look at the efforts to obtain proxy votes by your side. Was I such a threat? I accept the result, I always have Pat, but it is not sourgrapes from me.

Steve, do you not remember posting the following? -

StevieHilton Wrote:Re: AGM Candidates
by StevieHilton » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:00 pm

I wish to announce that Ian Brownlee as my campaign manager for the election. Also that as I am now aware that certain members of the committee appear to canvassing for proxy votes for my opponent. Any proxy votes for those who can't attend and who wish to vote for me to be sent to Ian Brownlee
ian.brownlee@xxxxxx
078998 xxxxxx
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
David,
Of course I remember posting this, but would remind you that is not the same thing as mentioned above
Pat. Thanks for clarification on your proxy vote, also Alan B too. I wasn’t referring to such individual arrangements which I would have expected to be more carte blanche, or not specifying of the scope (hence the possibility of misunderstandings). I did see a couple of the soliciting emails, and some of the resulting votes cast en bloc by officials for the purpose of unseating an unopposed official had clearly been solicited for the presidential vote. That's what I was referring to.

So, I expect it won’t be long before the officials and members concerned with standards of behaviour confirm this particular action was below standard.
Steve, The email not only indicated that you knew but also gave your manifesto two days before you published it here. If you wish I will send you a copy. Perhaps you have been duped?
Guys

Why is it so hard to believe Steve. I know for a fact that Hamish personally was carrying proxy votes that he did not canvass or ask for. I also know that people got votes from their area that none of the candidates knew about.

I also know of someone who got a severe telling off from two directors when they tried to get votes for them without them knowing about it!

Lets stop tying ourselves in knots over this!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"