Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what does Phil Thomas play as black
Hi Guys
I'm due to play Phil Thomas as Black in the 3rd round of the Lanark open Does anyone know what he plays as Black Big Grin especially against 1.d4
Where's the draw?
not posted yet Tom Donahue half confirmed I would play him after phil predicted the draw Big Grin
I will email Phil and ask him for you....
He doesn't appear to have a set opening repertoire :\ basically he seems to play whatever he feels like. I would suggest d4 c4 Nc3 and e4 might be a good first four moves, assuming he puts a Bishop on g7. It looks like he has a tendency to faff around a bit with few extra pawn moves, so taking control of the centre seems like a decent idea and might give you the opportunity to get a significant advantage.
Ianbrownlee Wrote:Hi Guys
I'm due to play Phil Thomas as Black in the 3rd round of the Lanark open Does anyone know what he plays as Black Big Grin especially against 1.d4

It is legitimate to ask this question on a public noticeboard, Ian?
Sorry to be pedantic at this time of morning, Phil, but this is not a public Noticeboard. Only people who have registered can access it.

By the way, congratulations to father and son for coming first = in the Marymass Major. Can't happen very often, I suspect. Well done both!!

George
Phil Thomas Wrote:
Ianbrownlee Wrote:Hi Guys

It is legitimate to ask this question on a public noticeboard, Ian?

I would have thought most people would be more than happy to see more questions about a game of chess and less of some of the topics that are sometimes predominant here. Why not get your own back by starting your own thread about what does Ian Brownlee play as White. He has even started you off by suggesting he is going to play 1. d4, but could that be a clever ruse?
I reckon he's going to play d4, c4, Nc3 and e4 =)
Hugh Brechin Wrote:I reckon he's going to play d4, c4, Nc3 and e4 =)
That's what I played last time I played Phil.
His first 4 moves were d5, c6, e6, dxe4. =)
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine