Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phishing email
One of the things I've found helpful is to use something like Outlook. It doesn't get around all the problems, but having a long complicated password saved by your computer helps. I mean, you don't want to have to type a password in every time you want to access your emails (as you might have to logging into webmail). Inevitably , the less frequently a user has to enter information to the computer the more secure it is. 8)
"....the less frequently a user has to enter information to the computer the more secure it is. "

So why have you got us logging in and using passwords everytime we want to simply look at the site.?
Geoff Chandler Wrote:"....the less frequently a user has to enter information to the computer the more secure it is. "

So why have you got us logging in and using passwords everytime we want to simply look at the site.?

The forum or the website?

In either case your password shouldn't be the same as one you use for your email or online banking, so nothing to worry about there. The worst someone can do is log-in to your account and see your live grade. 8)
This forum.

Because I keep having to log in just to read this forum my passward is being compramised.

Or is the plan I have to change my password everytime I log on.

Perhaps we should be allowed to see the forum index and then we get to decide whether
or not we want to sign in to read the forums.

Would that be OK or is the Forum Index classified as well.

If the informmation within the forums is so sensative why not make us have a different
password for each forum. One password to log in and 16 different passwords for each forum.

Just having one password is not going to deter us from reading or posting in the forum
which I gather is the general idea.
Geoff,

You don't need to log in every time you visit the forum - just don't log out when you leave.

If you don't log out when you leave, you don't need to log in again when you return.
Hi Donald,

If that really is you.

The trouble with staying logged on is that anyone can switch on the computer
and start typing a load of woffle and waffle under my name.
You don't want that happed do you?

Actually it is quite easy to find the IP address of any computer, (most sites store them,
most sites are legal, some are up to no good) you then change your computers IP address temporarily
to the IP address of the computer you wish to impersonate. Very easily done if you know how then
you hit the net and if the user is clumsy enough to stay logged into various sites then you are in.

Always log out of sites and always delete all of your browsing history.
Never use internet cafes for anything other than surfiing the net.
I'm assuming you're joking Geoff. 8)
Technically no he is serious although most experienced rogues would relay through various proxies
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Geoff is sometimes "serious"? lol :U
come on Geoff ..... if you want drop me a line and I'll tell you how its done you don't happen to have a Halifax bank account do you....... or is it the Helensburgh bank