Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Hanley
No matter who is on one side (CS) of the debate it always the same characters on the other.

Any and every time the same characters do not get their own way the same nonsense happens.

The common factors are always the same
Mike Scott Wrote:No matter who is on one side (CS) of the debate it always the same characters on the other.

Any and every time the same characters do not get their own way the same nonsense happens.

The common factors are always the same

Mike,
I assume its me you are referring to.

The reason for the nonsense is that that every time I appear on the notice board there is a small group of detractors who will go out of their way to attack me. Open your eyes man. When I let it be known recently that I used my Scottish PVG certificate to get onto the list of ECF disclosed arbiters I am urged to take some unspecified action to ensure that I am seen to be "legal".

So have a go with this Greenwood Chess Club members (but not all the club's members).

I wish to make a statement about Monica Lewinsky.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
I feel that reasoned comment is now a thing of the past? ipso facto ,,,,,, its not paranoia if you know they are out to get you 8)
Mr Thomas made an unsolicited comment in aniother post, since reffered to on this one

Quote:When I let it be known recently that I used my Scottish PVG certificate to get onto the list of ECF disclosed arbiters I am urged to take some unspecified action to ensure that I am seen to be "legal".
However Dr Thomas did not in fact mention he was in possession of a Scottish PVG certificate as noted in his quote below

Quote:There have been some rumblings recently about my Disclosure Status.
So for the record. My PVG status can be confirmed on line as follows.

Go to ECF website
Look up list of ECF arbiters
Find me under ‘T’

All arbiters on that list have provided the ECF office recently with PVG certification. In the case of the ECF certificates are valid for only 3 years

My response was commensurate with Mr Thomas' comment, nothing more nothing less.

The following leaves me with great concern as to Dr Thomas' well being

Quote:So have a go with this Greenwood Chess Club members (but not all the club's members).

I did not have sexual relations with that woman
Patrick McGovern Wrote:Mr Thomas made an unsolicited comment in aniother post, since reffered to on this one

Quote:When I let it be known recently that I used my Scottish PVG certificate to get onto the list of ECF disclosed arbiters I am urged to take some unspecified action to ensure that I am seen to be "legal".
However Dr Thomas did not in fact mention he was in possession of a Scottish PVG certificate as noted in his quote below

Quote:There have been some rumblings recently about my Disclosure Status.
So for the record. My PVG status can be confirmed on line as follows.

Go to ECF website
Look up list of ECF arbiters
Find me under ‘T’

All arbiters on that list have provided the ECF office recently with PVG certification. In the case of the ECF certificates are valid for only 3 years

My response was commensurate with Mr Thomas' comment, nothing more nothing less.

The following leaves me with great concern as to Dr Thomas' well being

Quote:So have a go with this Greenwood Chess Club members (but not all the club's members).

Pat,
post another comment like that about my welfare and I will seriously consider going to the police and reporting you for veiled threats of violence.

Troon Chess Club,
Sorry to break it to you this way on a public forum but I will not be playing league chess in Ayrshire for the foreseeable future.

Everyone,
concerning my PVG status.
I still have no further comment to make except to say that the truth is the truth is downright bleedin' obvious from what I posted. No more words are needed from me.

I am not on trial here.
Phil Thomas Wrote:
Patrick McGovern Wrote:The following leaves me with great concern as to Dr Thomas' well being

Pat,
post another comment like that about my welfare and I will seriously consider going to the police and reporting you for veiled threats of violence.

I may be mistaken, but I didn't read Pat's words this way.
Phil,

Are you ok? Serioussly, i can't believe some of the stuff you are posting.

Agree with the poster above, it was not a threat in the slightest.

You seem to have a vendetta against certain individuals. I mean why even mention a particular club?

I have no idea why you are so worked up about all of this, but i certainly don't think it can be doing you any good. It's not healthy the behaviour being exhibited.
Andrew,
If Mr Mcgovern was suggesting that I am crazy to the reading public that would be a serious allegation in its own right.

I have stated several times recently that I am not on trial here.

However I would suggest that perhaps Pat McGovern is on trial here. How can anybody so completely twist and distort my words on my PVG status be capable of conductive fair and thorough investigations on behalf of the standards committee.

Readers may not have picked up on this but my reasons for posting these days tend to be limited to

Correcting incorrect statements.
Defending myself against personal attacks.
Attempts at humour.

In relation to the third of these I wish to formally state that at no point have I ever met Ms Lewinsky.
It doesn't bother me if no reader LOLs at that. But when this is used to insinuate that I am mentally unstable then the national body is indeed in a sorry state.

So those who want to see a line drawn a line in the sand and move on this is what is needed.

Do not say one thing in private and another thing in public.
Do not make malicious attacks upon me on the notice board using material that would be laughed out of any (thankfully ) hypothetical court.
Do not put statements you know to be false on the notice board.
Do follow the constitution of CS - don't make up what you would like to read there.
KevinCampbell Wrote:Phil,

Are you ok? Serioussly, i can't believe some of the stuff you are posting.

Agree with the poster above, it was not a threat in the slightest.

You seem to have a vendetta against certain individuals. I mean why even mention a particular club?

I have no idea why you are so worked up about all of this, but i certainly don't think it can be doing you any good. It's not healthy the behaviour being exhibited.

Seems like I am still on trial.

Mr Campbell,
for the benefit of the jury please state your medical qualifications
Quote:What is worse it is so easy to misread or misinterpret something written rather than spoken.

this illuminating statement is something Phil should take on board especially as it comes from the more moderate member of his family. I have no axe to grind with Phil. I hope this unnecessary verbiage stops.