Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PVG clearance
Phil Thomas Wrote:
Patrick McGovern Wrote:given the different legal systems between Scotland and England is the English PVG valid in Scotland Phil?

Pat I don't know the answer to your question.

However, I can tell you from recent experience that the Scottish PVG certificate is recognised in England.

Two days later after what I regard to be a sufficiently clear statement about my PVG status and my legality gets questioned in order to avoid future "embarassment".

What is this?

(a) Part of an attempt to keep me off this notice board?
(b) Yet another witch hunt?
© A warning to not to rejoin Chess Scotland before just before the agm?
(d) A blackmail attempt hiding in plain sight?
(e) Something else?

No wonder CS don't want the world to read this notice board.

I have no further comment to make on my PVG status.

Say anything you like on this thread chaps. Jacqui no longer reads the notice board. I have a thicker hide than you think.
Quote:Go to ECF website
Look up list of ECF arbiters
Find me under ‘T’

actually on your advice Phil I tried this and did not find you. Can you advise me where I will find you?
I have received the following from the ECF this afternoon.

"The ECF have removed Dr Thomas's name for the present as the correct approval procedures have not been followed internally. The ECF will not be making any further comment until the matter is resolved."
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
David Deary.

Quote:Hope for the future then... I recall Phil debating with Adam Raoof a while back on either this board or the old one regarding not being listed as an ECF Arbiter. If that can be solved (as it now seems) then there is hope for a brighter future.

versus

Quote:"The ECF have removed Dr Thomas's name for the present as the correct approval procedures have not been followed internally. The ECF will not be making any further comment until the matter is resolved."

maybe the future is not so bright? Sad
Does this matter really have to be played out in public?

As Pat M. is a member of the Standards Committee, it might be a good idea for him not to be so ready to post on this matter. I can imagine PVG 'problems' quite easily ending up on his own doorstep so to speak. (this is not aimed at Phil T's situation at all).
fair point Andy but remember we were commenting on Phil's post, he himself, unsolicited, put it up for discussion.
Patrick McGovern Wrote:fair point Andy but remember we were commenting on Phil's post, he himself, unsolicited, put it up for discussion.

I know he did Pat, I'm just suggesting that discussing it openly here may not be in anyone's best interests.

Apart from which, my original post was intended as a general PVG enquiry - it would be nice to have at least one thread which doesn't disintegrate into some form of negativity Sad
well said Andy....

Personally I thought Phil was only passing a comment primarily for your benefit. I cant help but feel this acrimony on both sides will spill over to the AGM. I will certainly be there
maybe I should on 2nd thoughts rewrite my last post in that Phil's post was for all of us , not just to contribute to Andy's original post. May I suggest all posts and threads are restricted to announcements and positive contributions, at least until the AGM and not have to rely on the moderators to censure what is fast becoming nothing more than a farce
Ianbrownlee Wrote:maybe I should on 2nd thoughts rewrite my last post in that Phil's post was for all of us , not just to contribute to Andy's original post. May I suggest all posts and threads are restricted to announcements and positive contributions, at least until the AGM and not have to rely on the moderators to censure what is fast becoming nothing more than a farce

My original post was intended as an announcement. As such I thought that there was no need for or any purpose in debating that simple announcement.

Yesterday I sent data to the ECF to assist in their enquiry. Initial information fed back to me reveals that my name was removed from the list of ECF arbiters on Friday July 12th 2013. I also have a good idea of what information receieved by the ECF and the source of that information.

As happens frequently I know more than I post.