Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gun Lobby & Chessbase
Chessbase is really annoying me now. On the one hand they are promoting their ever better Android app with better and more powerful analytical tools (for cheating) and on the other conducting a public lynching of a player alledged to have been cheating.

Is this a bit like the the gun manufacturers not accepting the link between their products and mass shootings in the USA?
Hi Mike.

Agree. There are/were discussing this on the ECF forum.

I've quipped in with saying ChessBase are trying to cash in on the...

"If you can't beat them join them angle."

I was 50/50 on this lad but now I'm sure something is afoot.
His refusal to subject himself to a full medical examination is not helping his case.

But forget him, there would be nothing said if it was a GM who had discovered a way to cheat.
(Who knows...this may already have happened....happening...)

The only winner from this will ChessBase as the whole thing is an advert for Houdini.

Of course I've not let this chance slip by..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread.php?blogpostid=139">http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread ... postid=139</a><!-- m -->

Geoff
Taking Mike’s post a little further. In order to cheat with a Chess Engine 3 stages are required.

(1) Transmit moves/position moves to a location where the chess engine can be used.
(2) Analyse
(3) Get recommended move back to the player.
When moves are transmitted live the hardest of these3 stages to accomplish is done by the hosts.
(2) Can’t be difficult
(3) Does not, I suggest, have to be every move to be effective.

The future of live games has to be a 15 minute delay or longer. Or broadcast with commentary upon completion of the game.
Delayed broadcast is actually quite easy to do and we have done so at tournaments before
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"