Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE NANCY ELDER AND MACISAAC TOURNAMENTS(2012-3)
UPDATE ON MACISAAC AND NANCY ELDER TOURNAMENT (2012-3)

The outcome of the MacIsaac tournament (that is how the name of it is spelt!) is still hanging in the balance as at 3rd July 2013. Alistair Maxwell (Cathcart) overcame a gallant young Daniel Thomas (East Kilbride) at a semi-final match played, courtesy of Michael Hanley,(P2 St Bride's Big Grin )in a Church Hall in Hallcraig Street in Airdrie on Sunday the 23rd of June. For personal reasons and very regrettably,Phil Thomas (Troon) has decided to withdraw from the tournament, leaving Michael Grove (Castlehill) a clear run to a final match against Alistair. I hope that this intriguing match can be played before the end of July and at or before the 'Scottish'
Congratulations must go to Stephen Hilton (Inverclyde Central) who kept the Nancy Elder flag flying by his defeat of Lisa Paton (Castlehill) in the one and only match played in that tournament this year. It should be recorded that Stephen travelled all the way from Greenock to Dundee (and back) to play the match!

Chris H.
Regrettably, it has not been possible, for whatever reason, to make contact with Michael Grove (Castlehill).
It is a great pity because the outcome of a match betweeb him and Alistair Maxwell would have been intriguing.
As time is up, I've little choice but to award the MacIsaacTrophy to its existing holder
. Congratulations, Alistair!
Chris H
Both these tournaments need to be reviewed in there entirety. This is not helped by the lack of a nominee for the Home Director position.

Congratulations to both winners. A huge thanks is due to all those who particpated in keeping the tournaments alive.

Both these events should be prestigious tournaments on the chess calendar, along with their team equivalents. The fact that there not must be addressed.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
Thi was my 4th win in 7 finals.
A respectable record