Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Censorship of Council Meeting reports
I understand that Chess Scotland are refusing to publish 2 reports by 2 of its directors in relation to tomorrow’s Council meeting.

It appears that Chess Scotland is turning into a dictatorship and free speech and criticism are being prevented.

I would like to know who exactly has made this decision and under what powers within the Constitution they have made it? The members of Chess Scotland deserve to know that freedom of speech is being curtailed and that information is being withheld from them.
No answers for Derek?

I'm pretty concerned at this as a member of CS and Council, what exactly are we going to be walking into tomorrow? CS Directors reports being censored, CS Directors threatening legal action against one another. What the hell is going on? :\

By the sounds of it, its going to make this place look tame by comparison.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
I had no involvement so can't say why reports have not appeared.

However, one option to consider is that it is illegal to publish libel.

That is not censorship, simply following the law.
Reports have been censored, legal action has been threatened, I'm wearing my hard hat for tomorrow's meeting. I shall leave it to others to elaborate.
amuir Wrote:Reports have been censored, legal action has been threatened, I'm wearing my hard hat for tomorrow's meeting. I shall leave it to others to elaborate.
Maybe we could solve our financial problems by selling tickets?
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
There will be a rerun in public at the AGM. Get free tickets for that instead and have your say against all the nasty CS officials you don't like and stand instead yourselves for the vacant positions.
Before the mudslinging starts tomorrow we are going to have to wade through the big grading spreadsheet though. That should calm us all down (send us to sleep).
Right, there's a very decent chance I'm totally overstepping my role here, but neither Andrew nor Andy seem to be about and I'm erring on the side of caution. My apologies to those whose contributions have been excised, I'll doubtless be fired in the morning.