Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Moderation
I note, belatedly, that we have a new moderator. Has Andy Howie vacated his position (as at July 4th 2013)?
I think I may need to have my information updated on the question of who actually moderates the website.

The issue that I raised with Andrew was the removal , yesterday, of an SJC statement to which I appended my name from the noticeboard. It has been pointed out that the decision to delete a posting may not, though it ought to be , a joint one. Can I now be put right on who is responsible for what I regard as a high-handed decision?
I have asked Andrew for an explanation which I still hope to receive.

Chris Hampton
No we have three moderators, sorry to disappoint you. Moved this to thread rather than a global post
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
David Deary Wrote:Phil, you don't half talk a load of tripe!

I tried to engage you in a reasonable discussion and then you come out with nonsense like that... Congratulations you're now on my foes list. (For Andy McCulloch's benefit this means I don't have to read Phil's posts on the forum ever again! Woohoo! Big Grin)

To everyone except David Deary.

Its great to know that I am on David’s Foes list.
Sssssssscccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t rattle his cage =)
Patrick McGovern Wrote:Golly gosh one has to be quick on here to read all the posts, I've missed another one! Sad

Since I have been frequently referred to as a perpetual complainer on this board I want to point out that I was not the one who complained about this deleted post. In fact I never got to read it, I only know about its contents via reliable second hand accounts and I did not know in advance that it was going to be put on the board. Suggest that you ask some of the players at Greenwood Chess Club what was inappropriate about it.
I can see we need to update our "dossier" Big Grin