Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ayr Congress
11 Bxe5 mate looks like a careless move on the live boards.

John Pearston you could have played

11 dxe5+ Kc5
12 Na4+ Kd4
13 0-0-0 mate

a beautiful finish
Still a few problems with the live boards perhaps? At present rounds 3, 4 and 5 are all showing round 4, and the games are very incomplete.
Hi Andy,

Just checked and I am seeing games from 1-4. Can you try a link and hit control f5 to clear your cache. I will have the round 5 games up when I have worked out the pairings. I could not get my work laptop to connect so had to pull the games as they finished. Was entirely my fault
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Sorry Andy, still not working for me.

Now, no matter how many times I try control f5, I get what would appear to be round 3 for rounds 3, 4 and 5. Not only that, but board 1 shows Clement Sreeves losing, which is also wrong.
Not sure why that is happening. Is anyone else getting this problem?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Not sure why that is happening.

The links have been put in two areas: on the home page news under "Live games from Ayr"; and also at the start of this thread. The latter links look more correct.
That makes some sense. I was looking at the link to live games from the CS home page. Rounds 3, 4 and 5 are identical, really round 3 with the Sreeves result wrong. This is still the case, despite numerous refreshes.

Going to the forum link gives different results. This shows rounds 1 to 4 with what I recall as the correct results, but no round 5.

Before anyone comments, I have been unable to get to sleep.
That explains my confusion. How on earth did I manage to do that???
Phil Thomas Wrote:11 Bxe5 mate looks like a careless move on the live boards.

11 dxe5+ Kc5
12 Na4+ Kd4
13 0-0-0 mate

a beautiful finish

Hello Phil,
I do not understand your comment.
I feel insulted by your comment when I would have expected praise for finishing in one move.
Why does Bxe5 Mate look careless.
It wins in one move.
John.
john m pearston Wrote:
Phil Thomas Wrote:11 Bxe5 mate looks like a careless move on the live boards.

11 dxe5+ Kc5
12 Na4+ Kd4
13 0-0-0 mate

a beautiful finish

Hello Phil,
I do not understand your comment.
I feel insulted by your comment when I would have expected praise for finishing in one move.
Why does Bxe5 Mate look careless.
It wins in one move.
John.

John,
because you had a chance to play 13 castles long checkmate on a live board.

And Castling to give checkmate is incredibly rare especially after so few moves.

Does anyone out there know of know of an actual game where castles delivering checkmate happened as early as move 13 ?