Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well another season over!!
I don't have access to any tables or final results, but I am pretty sure I can confirm that Giffnock were indeed relegated - Calum MacQueen seemed fairly convinced of it.
I have little doubt that we were relegated. Bound to happen when the strongest team we put out appears when we are already down unless another team defaults. I want the ammunition to present to our players as to why we were relegated, and to point out that if they want to play in the top division they have to turn out on a regular basis.

This is a club problem that has happened time and again over the last 5 or so seasons when the previous 'B' team was repeatedly eviscerated to make up the absent 'A' team.
http://www.chessscotland.com/event2013/S...ion_1.html

Displays all the results apart from the final round game seems to be missing for some reason. I'm sure they will be updated soon Big Grin
Silly me, looking for the results on the SNCL website, which still only reports the first two weekends.

So why is the last weekend missing? The team lightning results appeared pretty quickly.
I am changing the servers over. Not changed the link yet
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Patrick McGovern Wrote:Thanks to all involved we, at Greenwood, really enjoyed this season. Cheers. Big Grin

An anonymous card was left for Rudolph on the boards where CSBOS1 were playing in the last round of the season.

Rudolph did not play in the end, only receiving his card tonight and he would like to thank the sender for the return of his pen and the birthday wishes even though this is not until August!

Very witty though I suspect the mystery sender may have had a few drinks before writing the card and I'd wager that they may well have a taste for travelling to Spain to play chess! =) (you know who you are!)
Quote:Patrick McGovern wrote:
Thanks to all involved we, at Greenwood, really enjoyed this season. Cheers.

An anonymous card was left for Rudolph on the boards where CSBOS1 were playing in the last round of the season.

not entirely sure why I am mentioned in despatches ;P

However Mr McNab, as your first chess captain, I hope you are not insinuating anything 8)

My lawyers are watching ;P
So here we are, some 11 days after the last round, and we still do not have the full details of who has been relegated, and who earned promotion.

Somewhat tardy compared to the usual speedy declaration. I don't buy the explanation that this is all down to server migration.

In previous years the information first appeared here, on the board. Is there a problem declaring results? If so, why not tell us?
It was announced in the AGM. Did no one in your team go?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Resultsgate and Cardgate; curiouser and curiouser. :U