Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Blitz 2013
Quote:As a matter of interest, do they take the money from you now or do they wait until the target is reached? All I know is that the money is only donated if the target is hit.

Thus far it doesn't seem to have been removed from my account.
Hi Jonathan

I have a Company who are happy to give you some sponsorship. Would you prefer them to pledge through kickstarter or to contact you directly?
Linda McCusker Wrote:Hi Jonathan

I have a Company who are happy to give you some sponsorship. Would you prefer them to pledge through kickstarter or to contact you directly?

Hi Linda

That's great news! It would be easier if they were to pledge through Kickstarter so that it contributes to the goal, but if this isn't possible for them then they can sponsor through other means.

If there's any questions about sponsorship then the blitz email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedcottishblitz@gmail.com">scottishblitz@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Many thanks,

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan

I don't think it will be a problem to pledge via kickstarter but I will check and get back to you asap.
Currently achieved 17% of the £1000 target, so would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has backed so far.
Hi Jonathan

I have sent you a PM regarding sponsorship.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
I am happy to announce that the Scottish Blitz will be going ahead this year!

Venue: Surgeons' Hall, Edinburgh. Date: Saturday 15th June (approx 9am-4pm).

This is down to an extremely generous donation and I can't thank you enough! If you would like to see top European titled players at the event then please help us reach the goal on Kickstarter. Massive thanks to everyone who has donated so far. =)
This is excellent news Jonathan! Big Grin
Coming along nicely, although a few more backers would help.

I've heard the entry price is down to £15 for adults and £10 for juniors. That's 15 quid less than last year, so if you really appreciated it (as many did) I'd urge you to chip in a little more than your entry fee. It was a brilliant event and without financial support it will struggle this year and may not run again.

There's another thread going about the decline in tournaments, all that is needed to keep this one running is the odd donation of £10.

Calum
Agreed. I know I will still pay last year's rate - to my mind, the 2012 contest was one of the best things to happen in Scottish chess in a long time.