Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adult budget for 2013 -14
Andrew
how do you define a serious player ?
the normal vote is by club not by player which I will stick to
Olympiad selection depends on many criteria
Again the solution is more FIDE rated tournaments in Scotland with 9 not 2 games
How does a budget discussion get sidetracked into another FIDE rating topic? Perhaps this topic should be split.
Quote:the top 10 players showing an interest in representing Scotland are joined by the top 10 juniors and have intensive coaching sessions (with someone like Arkady Naiditsch who played at the blitz event earlier this year)."

ambitious statement; some top (in their own mind) players cannot be bothered with coaching =o
It seems to me that nobody is at fault for this money not being spent. As Andy Muir said this money was included in the budget in case Jonathan Rowson and Paul Motwani played in the Olympiad. Could some of this money now be used for junior chess. I know some of the parents at the recent Liverpool event had to pay quite a considerable amount for their children to compete. Could some of this money help defray those costs.
Patrick McGovern Wrote:
Quote:the top 10 players showing an interest in representing Scotland are joined by the top 10 juniors and have intensive coaching sessions (with someone like Arkady Naiditsch who played at the blitz event earlier this year)."

ambitious statement; some top (in their own mind) players cannot be bothered with coaching =o

Really? Did you have someone specific in mind? I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be open to coaching sessions if they were free/inexpensive and delivered by a professional.
chess, like life, is full of surprises 8)
Patrick McGovern Wrote:

eh?
I would like to carry the money forward and when suitable events comes along spend it then.
It is really Olympiad monies so should have some connection with Olympiad 2014 either for training or playing in some way. Juniors could be included as appropriate.
In actuarial speak - a bit like a with profits policy - an estate is held for a rainy day