Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A chess puzzle :)
What do a Dutchman, a Ukrainian, an Uzbeki, a Russian and a Filipino have in common at the moment?
75 Kryvoruchko, Yuriy UKR 2679
76 So, Wesley PHI 2678
77 Sokolov, Ivan NED 2677
78 Motylev, Alexander RUS 2677

Close...
... not even remotely Clement! Interesting though Smile
They are all asylum seekers who are given more in state handouts than people who have worked in the UK for thirty years and served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
George, in what way would that be the solution to a chess puzzle? ;P

Andy, can we have a clue please?
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
George Thomson Wrote:They are all asylum seekers who are given more in state handouts than people who have worked in the UK for thirty years and served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Very good George, these are definitely the people we should be vilifying and hating rather than the bankers/politicians/extreme right-wing groups (are you a member perchance?) etc. who are the real cause of misery and unfairness in our nation. :\

David, as a clue there is (or will be) a Glasgow connection.
Andy,
Are you expecting a quality answer?
Alex McFarlane Wrote:Andy,
Are you expecting a quality answer?

You're on the wrong track Alex - surprising given your 'involvement' Wink
I guess its something to do with the Commonwealth Championships in 2014 and the countries of those gentlemen you mentioned are not members of the Commonwealth? Thus, they cannot play in the Championships? =|
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Spot on David! =)

I was checking out the Commonwealth champs taking place just now in India and noticed how many non-Commonwealth players there were (from the countries mentioned in the question - possibly more). I guess it's being run as an International Open much like our own Scottish champs?!

Perhaps Alex can let us know if our 2014 version in Glasgow will be run along similar lines?