Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Commonwealth Championships are coming to Scotland Thread
You going to India?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Just won the lottery so I might as well Big Grin
OK have your wee ludite jokes.

But is this the way things will carry on when we host The Commonwealth Championships.

No. I'll be there and my sole job will be the PGN enterer inner. Nothing else.
They will be up that night availble to the whole world within hours of the last game finishing.

I knows this means forfeiting my place in the event but that is how strongly I feel about this matter.

Where is it being held (If it's stuck between a mountain and the Atlantic coast then I'm out.)
and when is it?
Will be this week next year and we are holding it on the Island of Rockall
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Would be good to see some dates for this soon, please... organising travel from NZ is something that needs to be done well in advance!
Geoff Chandler Wrote:OK have your wee ludite jokes.

But is this the way things will carry on when we host The Commonwealth Championships.

No. I'll be there and my sole job will be the PGN enterer inner. Nothing else.
They will be up that night availble to the whole world within hours of the last game finishing.

I knows this means forfeiting my place in the event but that is how strongly I feel about this matter.

Where is it being held (If it's stuck between a mountain and the Atlantic coast then I'm out.)
and when is it?

Geoff, I hear you will be part of the live commentary team...
Has a date and venue for this been set yet?
It is a bit worrying that we are still awaiting an answer on this one. We could really do with some official comment sooner rather than later.
Have no fear, it is in Alex's capable hands!
I've been told, by an Oceania contact, that they have been 'officially announced' as starting on June 30th. Is this true? Bit sad if it is, as it makes it impractical to combine a trip to the Commonwealth with a trip to the Olympiad (and nipping back to New Zealand or any of the other Oceania countries inbetween is not practical either, I'm afraid!)