Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
And the score was.....?
it was a classic 0-0 Draw aet. Ayrshire won on penalites
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Will the minutes of the AGM be going up online at some point? I am not sure if they do get published or not, so failing that would it be possible to get a summary of what exactly happened?
Adam Bremner Wrote:Will the minutes of the AGM be going up online at some point? I am not sure if they do get published or not,

All AGM minutes back to July 2000 are on the CS Info page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://chessscotland.com/csinfo.htm">http://chessscotland.com/csinfo.htm</a><!-- m -->

This year's will be available as soon as submitted.

The CSinfo page is linked from front page from the "Main Menu" option on the "Browse the Site" section on top left hand side.
Re: minutes posted at homepage. I've spotted what appears to have been a typo regarding the independence of the Scottish Junior Chess Association Educational Trust (abbreviated to SJCAET). As an OSCR approved charity (since the late 1960s), the trust is in fact wholly independent of CS contrary to what appears to have been noted in the minutes that the the trust is "not" independent of CS ...

... the two orgs do, of course, share a great many common views about the development of chess for young people but the trust can only take executive decisions through its legally appointed trustees.
Craig Pritchett Wrote:Re: minutes posted at homepage. I've spotted what appears to have been a typo regarding the independence of the Scottish Junior Chess Association Educational Trust (abbreviated to SJCAET). As an OSCR approved charity (since the late 1960s), the trust is in fact wholly independent of CS contrary to what appears to have been noted in the minutes that the the trust is "not" independent of CS ...

... the two orgs do, of course, share a great many common views about the development of chess for young people but the trust can only take executive decisions through its legally appointed trustees.

Morning Craig

As I'm sure you are aware, the minutes are a reflection of the discussion at that point. I can understand the view. To a third party one group is full of directors and the other ex directors and presidents. It is not a typo as that is what was stated.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"