Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson 2012-13
amuir Wrote:Hi Andrew

The score for this match was Irvine 1 - Kilmarnock Burns 5.

Scores as follows:

6369 P Walsh (W) .5 - 0.5 J Shaw 5961
3199 A Birnie (B) 0-1 E Frew 7506
4597 G King (W) 0-1 S Brown 3319
6234 D Thomson (B) 0-1 A Roy 14894
16666 R Copeland (W) .5-.5 D Gillespie 17274
5949 J Shankland (B) 0-1 P McGovern 5063

I think Phil Walsh should be highlighted after taking a draw against John Shaw over 500 points above him and a GM and in the previous round he beat Tom Donoghue 250 points ahead.

Regards

Rob

That is a tremendous result for Peter. Anyone ow knows Peter will realise there is so much more to his than just the grading figure. Absolutely terrific!
Quote:6369 P Walsh (W) .5 - 0.5 J Shaw 5961

That is a tremendous result for Peter. Anyone ow knows Peter will realise there is so much more to his than just the grading figure. Absolutely terrific!

Is Peter's pnum incorrect in the above? There are two P.Walsh players in the system with very similar pnums (6369, and 6368). However, 6369 - as marked above - belongs to a Philip Walsh.

Super result irrespective of which one of them it is though. 8)
Both the Edinburgh teams and the Kilmarnock teams (if they meet !) wish to play locally. Given problems with arbiters, equipment and early start time at Grangemouth I have decided to cancel the booking and all finals will be played at the clubs. Clubs should make their own arrangements about the venue & trophy. I have ordered medals. If clubs cannot agree on a venue I will make a random draw to decide on the home team. I am wondering in future if next year the finals should be played at Grangemouth or at club venues too! Perhaps a discussion for AGM/noticeboard.
As Hamilton B is in final of Campbell Rosebowl, and Chess Scotland should provide the final venue, I assume Chess Scotland will pay for all three different venues.
Michael , are you trying to bust CS ?
As far as I know Edinburgh are not charging for their venue
Hamilton could play away to Troon if our venue is too expensive
Chess Scotland provide the venue for the final, you cannot impose an extra expense onto a club with no warning.

you should not have cancelled Grangemouth without consulting the teams still involved.
Michael , I did consult teams but can't please everyone
How much for Hamilton to play match ?
As Bowling club will have reopened, the community centre if available would be 6 hrs at £12.00 roughly.

East Kilbride would be same cost.
Just out of interest would it not cost your club more that in travel expenses for the team?
No, two cars from Hamilton to Grangemouth £15 petrol, not £72 room hire.