Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Olympiad
Some odd looking results - Thailand vd Turkey was showing 3-0 to Thailand despite huge grading differences on all boards.
At least we were level with the Russians at one point =)
Scotland vs Denmark in the men's draw.

Who didn't see that one coming?
Well at least these folk saying the Scot Champ should get a guaranteed Olympiad place have finally got their way....
what did I tell you ?
disappointed my motion had little discussion at AGM
Surely after Jacob plays today and wins next year's scottish again , someone else will propose a motion which I will second
It's going to look quite amusing to the general chess-playing public if the Scottish champion wins today and deprives Scotland of a point! =o

I think Jacob should have sat this one out - it looks (perhaps) as though John Shaw is sitting it out so he doesn't have to play his Quality Chess partner?!

On another note, when are we going to see the 'results' of the AGM (or have I missed it somewhere?)
andyburnett Wrote:It's going to look quite amusing to the general chess-playing public if the Scottish champion wins today and deprives Scotland of a point!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/international/euroscr2011.htm">http://www.chessscotland.com/internatio ... cr2011.htm</a><!-- m --> - check out round 2

andyburnett Wrote:On another note, when are we going to see the 'results' of the AGM (or have I missed it somewhere?)

Should appear in front page news list on Monday.
andyburnett Wrote:On another note, when are we going to see the 'results' of the AGM (or have I missed it somewhere?)

The minutes have been distributed to the Directors for sanity checking (mostly mine!). Just noticed Dougie beat me to it Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Well, well, well...

Live Games show that a past Scottish Champion has just defeated a current one. Nice one, Alan. Was Jacob perhaps trying too hard?
Very entertaining game & fantastic result for Alan (and Scotland!)