Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topics disappearing...
Is it just me or are some topics disappearing without a trace?

I’m sure I saw a topic about the Aftermath of Motion 4 or something like that. I know we have new forum rules but its beginning to get a bit like China on the Chess Scotland forum. Surely this topic won’t be deleted as well? We've gone from no moderation to hyper moderation overnight. :\

Can I also make the point that disagreeing with someone else’s opinion is not a personal attack. Certain posters on here don't realise that and I'm not sure the new forum rules are explicit enough on that.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
There was such a topic. In my view it had the makings of the motion 4 thread mk II and has therefore been removed. Big Grin
Got say that I agree with you on that Andy. I saw Robin's post and while I was surprised that Angus & Phil were still at it on the ECF forum, I did think that it would just end up as 'Motion 4 Reloaded' and be like many film sequels that lack the subtle and artistic approach of the original. Big Grin

The bottom line is the debate has been had here, move on. If there are personal issues arising out of comments made that need dealing with I think they are best dealt with in private.
Quote:Can I also make the point that disagreeing with someone else’s opinion is not a personal attack

Must grab every chance to agree with you David!
Retaliating is never going to make anything stop, only worsen things. Why do people constantly feel a desire to get one over on each other? It's like a school playground. All concerned should start acting like responsible adults and think before they speak. Nothing good will come of this nonsense, no matter how strongly each party believes in the righteousness of what they are saying.

I am trying very hard to stop all the personal insults spinning out of control on the forum, as such things are best discussed in private. Help me out with that and you'll all be helping yourselves out and Chess Scotland as a whole.
For me the key here is thought - whether it be about the language you use or the language someone else has used. The deleted thread had, in my view, language in the first few posts that meant the thread could only go one way.

If I disagree with you then I will. However I am not going to have a go, berate you or flame you! My view is that most of you wouldn't speak to each other face to face in this way. Most of you (shurely!) must be old enough to remember the days when we spoke to each other (or wrote letters!) to voice our views. We didn't rattle it off and click submit in a few seconds!

Quote:Can I also make the point that disagreeing with someone else’s opinion is not a personal attack
- couldn't agree more! Big Grin

Quote:I can't do my job and neither will Paul if the attacks from the former regime do not stop
- not sure (and don't want to know) about the former regime but other than that see David's quote above! Support yes - blind agreement never! ;P
TomHay Wrote:For me the key here is thought - whether it be about the language you use or the language someone else has used. The deleted thread had, in my view, language in the first few posts that meant the thread could only go one way.

If I disagree with you then I will. However I am not going to have a go, berate you or flame you! My view is that most of you wouldn't speak to each other face to face in this way. Most of you (shurely!) must be old enough to remember the days when we spoke to each other (or wrote letters!) to voice our views. We didn't rattle it off and click submit in a few seconds!

- couldn't agree more! Big Grin

Quote:I can't do my job and neither will Paul if the attacks from the former regime do not stop
- not sure (and don't want to know) about the former regime but other than that see David's quote above! Support yes - blind agreement never! ;P

Andy, Can we get a like button on this forum?

Superb posting!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Tom,

Thank you for a really excellent post,

Robin.
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Retaliating is never going to make anything stop, only worsen things. Why do people constantly feel a desire to get one over on each other? It's like a school playground. All concerned should start acting like responsible adults and think before they speak. Nothing good will come of this nonsense, no matter how strongly each party believes in the righteousness of what they are saying.

I am trying very hard to stop all the personal insults spinning out of control on the forum, as such things are best discussed in private. Help me out with that and you'll all be helping yourselves out and Chess Scotland as a whole.

I couldn't agree more!!!!