Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Done Andrew!
Well done to Andrew McCusker on wining the Rowson Award - you join a very select group!
Yep, good job Andrew! 8)
Fantastic Achievement and thoroughly deserved! Big Grin
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Very well done young man, good job!
Ah have just read the "official" release on the CS website.

The boy who chewed gum eh? Here are some soundbites regarding Andrew when he was still playing in the Minor events (the Major and Challenger players are probably saying these now)

"Who've you got in the last round? Young McCusker? Good luck with that one..."

"Glad I avoided him this time around."

"Bet he opens with c4 again." (he didn't)

"That can of Coke never seems to run out."

I've only played Andrew once, in the final round of the West Of Scotland Minor in 2011. He had White and I never got a sniff in the whole game. I was somewhat relieved to bail out to a dead drawn position. Once is enough thank you!
One thing that I found out yesterday is Andrew is helping with kids at his school with ADHD (I hope I have remembered this correctly) and is teaching them chess at lunchtimes!!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:One thing that I found out yesterday is Andrew is helping with kids at his school with ADHD (I hope I have remembered this correctly) and is teaching them chess at lunchtimes!!

Fantastisch! Big Grin
Andy Howie Wrote:One thing that I found out yesterday is Andrew is helping with kids at his school with ADHD (I hope I have remembered this correctly) and is teaching them chess at lunchtimes!!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It is a real honour to be awarded the Jonathan Rowson Award and I think Andrew is still in shock - he is only chewing his gum twice a second instead of around twelve times a second Tongue

Andrew's school, Bishopbriggs Academy, has an Aspergers Unit and for the last year Andrew has been teaching the boys in the Unit chess. He really enjoys it even although it means giving up going to Greggs at Wednesday lunchtimes and missing out on his 2 Greggs sausage rolls and can of Irn Bru for lunch ;P