Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Championships
Daniel Thomas is currently featured on the live boards at the British Championships. Good luck Daniel.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
David G Congalton Wrote:Daniel Thomas is currently featured on the live boards at the British Championships. Good luck Daniel.

Thanks for the tip, David.

I see on board 7 (U-16s), a 1584 has just downed an 1868 in 10 moves with one of the oldest tricks in the book.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Oh dear! Daniel played a trick to win a pawn, but lost a rook Sad
Yep, he totally miscalculated & blew the game :-(

Phil plays same opponent this afternoon in the Major

Kai, Matthew & Robert Davis are also playing this morningg
Win for Kai & loss for Matthew
We have 2 Scots in the Championship this afternoon, GM Matthew Turner and Ian McDonald. In the Major Open, Phil Thomas is playing.

Good luck to the three of you (and everyone else that is playing over the fortnight!)
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Might be missing something really obvious, but can't find the pairings and results section on the website. Has anyone found it?
Adam Bremner Wrote:Might be missing something really obvious, but can't find the pairings and results section on the website. Has anyone found it?

There is a drop-down list under "Events" and then another drop-down appears for each event.
Alan Jelfs Wrote:
Adam Bremner Wrote:Might be missing something really obvious, but can't find the pairings and results section on the website. Has anyone found it?

There is a drop-down list under "Events" and then another drop-down appears for each event.

Never saw the second drop-down list, thanks! =)
Kai obviously could go close in the U11 event if producing his best. I wouldn't be too surprised to see David Congalton do well also in the U120 graded event,

Robin.