Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Championships
With just this round and tomorrow left, are there any potential norms out there, ideally for the Scots? I did also notice that Jonathan Hawkins has passed 2500 in live grade with his performance so far, but not sure if he is still norm hunting or not. Have we seen a new GM crowned at this year's event?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chess.co.uk/twic/malcolmpein/second-gm-norm-for-jonathan-hawkins-at-the-british">http://www.chess.co.uk/twic/malcolmpein ... he-british</a><!-- m -->

Found this article. I don't know if he has added to his tally since but he is certainly closing in.

Besides, Mr Bremner, you are meant to be scouting out our opposition for the Glorney!

Robin.
Thanks for everyone who has contacted me about the problems with boards 1-8. We are trying to work out what is wrong at the moment and will get them up to date as soon as we can.

The blue bar at the bottom is totally correct but the positions in some of the games are a bit behind
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Just out of interest, in Rd8 could Alan Tate not have played 42.... Kb5 instead of 42.... Kd4?

Probably a silly question but looked ok to me. Maybe need to put the silicon monster onto it though, but not so much fun as asking someone.
Jim,

Time trouble. Alan had 42 moves written, his opponent 39. I had noted from 32 on his opponents side. Alan asked me if we had made 40 moves, I am not allowed to indicate until the flag has fallen.

We recreated the game (which was quite incredible as Alan did it without his scoresheet!!!!) and 42 moves had been made.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
What was the Rnd 9 Berry vs MacQueen game all about? =|
So who's won?

Looks like 4 on 7 out of 9.

Reckon Jacob is Scottish Champion as he's resident?
Andrew McHarg Wrote:What was the Rnd 9 Berry vs MacQueen game all about? =|

Honestly, no idea.
Calum MacQueen Wrote:
Andrew McHarg Wrote:What was the Rnd 9 Berry vs MacQueen game all about? =|

Honestly, no idea.

Oh it was one of those huh... thought the board was malfunctioning or Andy Howie was playing Neil instead. ;P
We have literally just cleared up. I'm on the bus home. on my mobile but Will publish tables, results and photos when I get home. please bear with me. Jacob is Scottish Champ. Rest I'll need my notes for