Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primary Individual
A massive thank you to everyone involved with this event. It is a really wonderful tournament in a stunning location. Monica was superb all weekend but there were many excellent performances which kept the excitement going right to the wire. This tournament is great for children who play chess, but in an outward bound centre where they can do activities and make lots of new friends in a very safe organised environment. If your child is offered the opportunity to play in this next year, I recommend you consider it strongly,

Robin.
Placings and scores for the tournament:

1. Monica Espinosa - 5½/6
2. Colin Howie - 5/6
3= Declan Shafi - 4½/6 (3rd on tie-break)
3= Liam Richmond - 4½/6 (4th on tie-break)
3= Vagif Ramazanov - 4½/6
6-9 Leonardo Sani, Euan Gray, Leston D'Costa, Corbin Beaumont - 4/6
10-13 Samuel Kearns, Euan Dawson, Andrew Bodie, Nathan Crush - 3½/6
14-19 Michael Doyle, Aidan Jenkins, Robert Davis, Robert Pirrie, Lauren Bond, Erin Allen - 3/6
20-23 Euan Dunbar, Jack Turner, Lauren Hulme, Patrick Norris - 2½/6
24-29 Duncan Depasquale, Brian McLean, John Morrison, Luke Laverty, Leonard Holmes, Tom Constance - 2/6
30-31 Beth McAlister, Lilli Coutts 1/6

The results have been sent for grading.
Congratulations to all involved. I have heard it was really fun. I see this event has been graded on the regular ratings. I am probably wrong, but I thought 25min +5 seconds would be Allegro?
I always thought that junior-only tournaments were largely an exception to the time limits for rating, on the grounds that most primary-age players don't play very many congress-length games.
Just a short note to express our families gratitude for all the individuals who were involved in the management and organizing of the Primary Individual 2012. The dedication and personal sacrifices that go into making such events so successful and fun is recognized by the family of participating kids. It was without a doubt a success - the smiles on the faces said it all! Big Grin

Thank you

Alan
Hugh,

Spot on. The official cut off is 25 mins for main grade listing.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Another impressive performance from Monica

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cotebasque-echecs.fr/Actualites_files/RapideCoteBasque%202012Cl.pdf">http://www.cotebasque-echecs.fr/Actuali ... 2012Cl.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Not sure that the link works

Grading performance 1896