Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stewarton Bonnet Guild Chess Allegro
Just a wee reminder that this year's Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro is being held next Sunday 10th June - entry forms are available on the Chess Scotland web site diary or you can phone me or send me an email.

This year we are putting up the entry list on the CS web site so that you can see who else is playing.

If you have entered and your name is not on the CS entry list then please let me know

Thanks you and hope to see you at the event

John Montgomery
Stewarton Chess Club
Telephone 01294-221486
email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:john.montgomery@btinternet.com">john.montgomery@btinternet.com</a><!-- e -->
Steven Spielberg, renowned film director is reported to be in Scotland this weekend. He is hoping to do a remake of his acclaimed 1975 classic "Jaws" but has been unable until recently to find a shark big enough for this venture. This was until he discovered that George Murphy, with his great white hair, masquerading as a diddy player had sneaked into the Stewarton Allegro with a 1400 odd grade. Just when you thought it was fin-ally safe to go back to the chessboard! Maybe we should have a "Fin of the year prize" for creative players that have attempted to shark a tournament or two,

Robin.
Entries now at 90 as at 1pm Thursday 7th June

Open is fairley strong with six out of seventeen players graded over 2000 - including two IMs and an FM

Will still accept entries by phone or email

Please call me on 01294-221486 or email on <!-- e --><a href="mailto:john.montgomery@btinternet.com">john.montgomery@btinternet.com</a><!-- e -->

Thanks
John Montgomery
Thanks to John and his team for another very successful event, I believe the turnout was 104 in total. I was going along fine in my "fin of the year" quest when I was harpooned in the last round,

Robin.